Responding to Those Comments About Large Families
There are lots of posts out there in the blogging world listing charitable and kind responses to rude comments people make about having lots of kids. Which is all fine and good if that’s your style or if the people are actually interested in your response. But what about those other people?
You know the people I am talking about. The ones who when you are out and about with the brood and minding your own business, who can’t resist coming up and making a snotty comment.
Just like “an eye for an eye”, I personally prefer “snark for snark”…I’m sure that’s a verse in the bible.
Common Questions I get and responses that come in handy.
You gonna have more?
- Yes but we are going to stop when we have an ugly one
- Practice makes perfect
Don’t you know what causes it?
- Yes and we like it
- Maybe you should try it
Don’t you have a TV?
- Yes but there are commercials
- Yes but we have Netflix and there is a pause button
Are all of those yours?
- No the other half are at home
- No I thought it would be fun to bring all the kids from the neighborhood shopping
I don’t know how you do it?
- Sometimes she’s on top and sometimes I am
- Didn’t they have sex-ed in your school?