Skip to content
- In the average lifetime, most people spend 20,160 minutes kissing.
- Passionate kissing burns 6.4 calories a minute. A Hershey’s kiss contains 26 calories, which takes five minutes of walking–or about four minutes of kissing–to burn off.
- The longest kiss, recorded in Thailand in February 2013 by Guinness World records, lasted 58 hours, 35 minutes and 58 seconds.
- Approximately two-thirds of people tip their head to the right when they kiss.
- Kissing is good for teeth. The anticipation of a kiss increases the flow of saliva to the mouth, giving the teeth a plaque-dispersing bath.
- The mouth is full of bacteria. When two people kiss, they exchange between 10 million and 1 billion bacteria.